- Make eye contact with adults and one another.
- When an adult is talking, you should listen and give them your undivided attention.
- Always say please and thank you when given something.
- When responding, you should address them with "sir" or "ma'am" or Mr./Mrs.
- During discussions, respect other students' comments, opinions, and ideas.
- Use respectful gestures; keep hands and feet to self.
- Know other teachers' names and greet them in the halls when you see them.
- If someone bumps into you, say excuse me, even if it was not your fault.
- When using loaned or borrowed items, be respectful of other's things and return them how you received them.
- Commit to excellence by being proud of your academic work and behavior at all times.
- Take responsibility for your own actions and own your behaviors.
- Learn from your mistakes and move on.
- While in the building, always walk quietly and stay to the right.
- Be as organized as possible and always be prepared for class.
- When entering a public space, conduct yourself in a first-class manner at all times.
- Take pride in your school by cleaning up your space better than you found it- lunchroom, classroom, hallways, work space.
- Always be honest with yourself and with others.
- When meeting someone new, look them in the eyes and shake hands firmly.
- Always do active listening by looking at classmates when speaking and do not raise your hand until they are done talking. Stand to answer questions when appropriate.
- If you win or do well, do not brag. If someone wins something, congratulate them.
- If you are asked a question in conversation, ask a question in return.
- Hold the door for people rather than letting it close.
- If someone drops something and you are close to it, pick it up.
- When you are offered food, resources, or supplies, wait to be served and take only what you need.
- Be positive, have no regrets, and Carpe Diem (Seize each day)!
Piqua Pride is community wide!