For incoming kindergarten students this year, Piqua City Schools will use a centralized enrollment process. Enrollment must be completed by a parent or guardian who resides within the Piqua City School District. The online enrollment must be completed on a laptop, desktop, or tablet. It is not compatible with a smartphone. Students entering Kindergarten MUST be 5 years old by August 1 of the school year for which they are being registered.
Registering your child for the 2020-2021 is a 5-step process:
- Gather required documentation
- Complete online registration form
- Schedule registration appointment by calling 937-773-4321 ext. 6511 or ask for Mindy Gearhardt
- Attend registration appointment
- Attend screening appointment with your child in August
STEP 1: GATHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
You will need to bring the required documentation with you to your registration appointment. In order to register your child in the Piqua City School District, it is the parent’s/legal guardian’s responsibility to provide the following documents:
- CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- The original or a certified copy of your child’s birth certificate. Certified birth certificates can be obtained through the public health department in the city or county where your child was born or by contacting the Office of Vital Statistics with the Ohio Department of Health.
- PHOTO IDENTIFICATION OF PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN
- Photo identification must be a driver’s license or state-issued photo ID
- PROOF OF RESIDENCY
- Proof of residency can be a recent utility bill, rental agreement, mortgage/lease agreement with the parent/guardian legal name.
- If you are living with another person or subleasing without a formal lease agreement, you will need to complete a Residency Affidavit (available at the Board of Education at 215 Looney Road) and have it notarized. This is subject to review for approval by the district.
- Piqua City Schools reserves the right to require additional documentation as proof of residency
- COURT-STAMPED CUSTODY DOCUMENTS (IF APPLICABLE)
- In the event of a legal separation or divorce, the parent who has legal custody must provide a complete copy of the court-ordered custody agreement that indicates the parent is the residential custodial parent of the child for school purposes.
- CURRENT IMMUNIZATION RECORD AND PHYSICAL EXAMINATION
- Your child must be current with all immunization requirements including kindergarten booster shots.
- A physical examination can be obtained through your family doctor, The Little Clinic, or Miami County Public Health. Any well-child visit dated September 8, 2019, to the current day is valid as a kindergarten physical.
- Both immunization records and your child’s physical must be completed before your child can
- If you have questions about immunization records, your child’s physical or if your child has
medical needs, please contact the school’s nurse.
- You can fax your child’s immunization or physical records directly to the school.
- School Contact Information:
- Springcreek Primary: Mrs. Keri Scott, School Nurse, [email protected], Fax: 937-778-299
- Washington Primary: Mrs. Courtney Drees, School Nurse, [email protected], Fax: 937-778-2992
ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTATION IS COPIED AND RETURNED TO THE PARENT DURING THE
STEP 2: COMPLETE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
You will need to complete the online enrollment application by using a desktop, laptop, or tablet. If you need
assistance completing the online application, please call 937-773-4321 ext. 6511 or ask for Mindy Gearhardt,
and assistance can be given to you over the phone.
Online registration can be found by visiting our Parent Oneview page on the district’s website.
Then, click on the OneView Link
If this is your first child you have in Piqua City Schools - Click on Create New Account
If you already have children attending Piqua City Schools - Please use your Parent Login Information. (If you
need your login information, please call 937-773-4321 for assistance).
STEP 3: SCHEDULE REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT
Call 937-773-4321 ext. 6511 or ask for Mindy Gearhardt to schedule an appointment to complete your child’s
STEP 4: ATTEND REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT
Appointments will be held at the Piqua Board of Education Office at 215 Looney Road, Piqua. Please bring
ALL of the required documentation to this appointment. When all registration documents have been received
and your online registration application has been reviewed, your child will be registered for kindergarten. Your
child’s school will be making contact with you at a later time to set up an appointment for kindergarten
STEP 5: PARENT AND CHILD ATTEND SCREENING DAY IN AUGUST
Kindergarten screening will take place at the school assigned to your child at a date and time to be determined. Students will not be screened until all required paperwork is submitted.
If you have any questions, please contact Mindy Gearhardt at 937-773-4321 ext. 6511 or at [email protected]