Bus routes, times and pickup and dropoff locations will not be completed until August 6th. Postcards will be sent out on this day and there will be a list at your child's Indian Days, at the building he/she attends.
Forms were due this year, on July 23rd so presently, we are taking your Transportation Plan Form and we are working as quickly as possible to get late forms in, while trying to prepare final routes for the upcoming open houses and in time to send out postcards. If your child is not yet assigned by the Indian Day open house, we will contact you when your child is assigned to a bus route.
If you change your address over the summer, be sure and change your address on the parent Oneview, if your child needs to ride a bus.
If you have questions, please call the Transportation Department @ 937-773-1560 from 7:00-4:00, Monday through Friday.
Buses pick up and drop off students inside the assigned school attendance areas only. If your child care provider lives within your school attendance area, you must request alternate pickup and drop off addresses for the school year by using a Transportation Plan Form.
We provide guidelines below to help parents and child care providers understand the procedures and policies that are necessary to manage a safe and cost-effective transportation system.
Pupil Transportation Management Policies
- Pupils shall arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Pupils shall wait at the driver designated place of safety, which will be located outside and not in a car or inside the house.
- Behavior at the bus stop and on the way to the bus stop must not threaten life, limb or property of any individual or homeowner.
- Pupils will be assigned a seat by their bus driver and must go directly to their assigned seat upon entering the bus.
- Pupils must remain seated, keeping aisles and exits clear at all times while on the school bus.
- Pupils must observe classroom conduct and must obey the driver promptly and respectfully.
- Pupils must not use profane language and conversation must be appropriate.
- Pupils must refrain from eating or drinking except as required for medical reasons and a doctor's order must be on file with the school nurse.
- Pupils must not use tobacco products or have them in their possession at the bus stop or on the bus.
- Pupils must not have drugs or alcohol in their possession on the bus or at the bus stop except for prescription medication required for the student and a doctor's order must be on file with the school nurse.
- Pupils must not throw or pass objects on, from or into the bus.
- Pupils may carry on the bus only objects that can be held in their laps.
- Pupils must board or leave the bus at the locations which they have been assigned unless they have parental AND administrative authorization to do otherwise.
- Pupils must not put head, arms, any other body part out of the bus windows.
- Guidelines will be formulated for the use and storage of equipment and other means of assistance required by preschool children and special need children.
- Drivers and Bus aides must have access to appropriate information about the child to the degree that such information might affect the safe transportation and medical well being. This information must be readily available in the transportation office. All such information is strictly confidential.
- Cell phone use is limited. Students in grades 7 through 12 may use a cell phone for gaming, music or texting but earbuds must be worn. Students entering and exiting the bus must take earbuds out for instruction. The camera portion of the phone is not to be in use due to the danger of the flash. Talking is not allowed as this is a distraction to drivers. Students in grades Pre-school through 6 are not permitted to use a cell phone or have one outside their book bag on the bus.
- Pupils may not carry explosives, fireworks, weapons, animals, insects or balloons onto the school bus.
The superintendent or superintendent designees, or principals are authorized to suspend or remove pupils from school bus riding privileges.
- Students transported by school bus must comply with the student disciplinary code of conduct.